Key factors »
- Political Stability, Government stability, track record and positive relationships with foreign administrations are always a key factor in assessing the security of long-term investment in any country. Cambodia's democratic administration is proactive in creating new trade and investment relationships with foreign governments throughout the world.
- Outstanding Economic Performance Over the past decade, Cambodia has aggressively opened up its economy to effectively face new challenges and opportunities as they present themselves in the 21st Century. To compete in the global market, the Royal Government of Cambodia has liberalized export policies & licensing and implemented tax reforms providing various incentives to investors. Average GDP growth in the past 10 years was 8% - one of the highest growth rates in the region.
- Strategic Location is everything. Cambodia is strategically located in the central corridor of the Greater Mekong Sub-region (GMS). This strategic location also provides access to Key World Markets through Trade Preferences in terms of MFN (Most Favored Nation) and GSP (General System of Preference).Regional infrastructure projects such as rail, road and air links between Cambodia, the region and the world are built.
- A Young and Cost Effective Work Force With over 200,000 new entrants to Cambodia's labor force each year, the Kingdom provides a cost-effective staffing solution as well as opportunities to develop a skilled work force to suit the specific needs of your venture.
Country facts »
- Area: 181,035 sqkm (69,898 sq miles)
- Population: 14,453,680 (2010)
- Capital City: Phnom Penh
- People: Khmer (90 to 95%), with the remainder being Chinese, Vietnamese, Cham or about one dozen other smaller ethnic groups.
- Languages: Khmer
- Religion(s): The population is largely Buddhist, with a small Muslim minority (around 2.5%).There is a small Christian community.
- Currency: Riel (the economy remains highly dollarized and the US dollar is accepted for most transactions in Cambodia)
- Major political parties: Cambodian People's Party (CPP), National United Front for an Independent, Neutral, Peaceful and Cooperative Cambodia (FUNCINPEC) (acronym from French initials), Sam Rainsy Party (SRP), NorodomRanariddh Party (NRP), Human Rights Party(HRP)
- Government: ConstitutionalMonarchy
- Headof State: King NorodomSihakmoni
- Prime Minister: SamdechAkkaMohaSenaPadeiTecho Hun Sen
- Foreign Minister: H.E Deputy Prime Minister HorNamhong
- Membership of international groupings/organizations: United Nations (UN), Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), Non Aligned Movement (NAM), Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM), ASEF (Asia-Europe Foundation).