FIATA stand for "International Federation of Freight Forwarders Associations"
FIATA was formed with the following objectives:
- to unite the freight forwarding industry worldwide
- to represent, promote and protect the interests of the industry by participating as advisors or experts in meetings of international bodies dealing with transportation
- To familiarize trade and industry and the public at large with the services rendered by freight forwarders through the dissemination of information, distribution of publications, etc.
- to improve the quality of services rendered by freight forwarders by developing and promoting uniform forwarding documents, standard trading conditions, etc.
- to assist with vocational training for freight forwarders, liability insurance problems, tools for electronic commerce including electronic data interchange (EDI) and barcode.
CAMFFA became official FIATA member in 2009